OWL FOREST STUDIO
Our Portland garden apartment is a studio space dedicated to couples. You will be charmed by the enclosed personal garden area, mature landscaping and old growth 100 ft+ tall Doug Firs, complete with hammock and garden swing. The private hot tub is located between the camellia and andromeda trees just off the deck and offers views of the garden.
This is a romantic hideaway for lovers, honeymooners, travelers and visitors passing through to one of our beach homes...or for folks visiting the Portland area for any reason.
You have your own entrance, separate off-street parking on the circular drive and is completely private from the rest of the property.
With one fourth of an acre dedicated to the garden studio, you will find that you have lots of visual privacy in a large area to call your own. We offer rural surroundings in an urban setting on a fairly busy street. You will be visually private, but expect some traffic noise, especially during rush hours.
- BBQ, gas
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
- Private deck
- King bed, Tuft and Needle mattress, with high quality linens
- 42" flat screen TV, w/DVD player, ROKU streams Netflix & Hulu+
- Broadband Highspeed Wireless Internet
- Private hot tub
- Modern Bathroom with shower and skylight
What we DON'T have
- Laundry Facilities
A LIGHT FOOTPRINT
In creating our “Garden Apartment”, one of our goals was to recycle and re-purpose as much as possible. We had fun doing it and thought we’d share this list with our guests:
- The masonry for the patio came from a Portland school when they updated
- The rocks that surround the patio were buried in the gardens here from the ‘50s
- The wood frames inside the wall niches came from old cedar barn wood
We try to not use any herbicides, and recycle just about everything that the recycling people will take.
NOTE: The driveway is monitored for security purposes.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- We are directly on the #78 bus route, with a bus stop right outside our driveway
- Barbur Transit Center (Bus) - 1 mile/1.6 km
- Pioneer Courthouse Square - 8 miles/12.8 km
- OMSI - 8 miles/12.8 km
- Rose Gardens - 10 miles/16 km
- OHSU - 7.5 miles/12 km
- Airport - 16.5 miles/26.5 km
- Lincoln City Beaches- 79 miles/127 km
- Newport/Gullhouse - 105 miles 169 km
- Mount Hood - 68 miles/109.4 km
- Multnomah Falls - 36 miles/57.9 km
- PCC, Sylvania Campus - .25 miles/.04 km
- George Fox Seminary in Tigard - .8 mi/1.3 k
- Mormon Temple - 2.3 mi (drive) .09 mi (walk)
You have complete privacy in your enclosed, 1/4 acre garden area. Your own private entrance is accessed from your private driveway.
We use a keyless entry system. Each guest receives a unique access code 1 week before arrival.
NOTE: The driveway is monitored for security purposes
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
Oregon has legalized recreational marijuana use, but it is not legal to use it in public. You are welcome to take advantage of the privacy of the yard/garden, but please do not use in the apartment. We want you to enjoy the space we have provided for you, relax, and have a good time!
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL INCUR A $500 PENALTY IF YOU USE INSIDE OUR HOME!
Although the apartment is attached to the owners' home, the living spaces are separated by multiple rooms, and sound-proofed walls. Extra detail has gone into planning your privacy.
License or registration number 14-248488-000-00-HO
We are located in an area that is at the juncture of 3 counties and just a couple of blocks from the freeway entrance. There is not a lot of noise from the freeway, but this is a fairly busy neighborhood street.
Debi & Rob, your hosts, are dedicated to offering exemplary hospitality. We enthusiastically subscribe to the Sharing Economy and enjoy meeting our guests from wherever in the world’s culture you come from. All races and lifestyles are welcome in our properties. We look forward to meeting you.